In partnership with…
We’ve partnered with Solace to provide an Institute of Leadership and Management Certificated course for next generation leaders in the housing sector. It’s part of our £200,000 a year investment in people through our Prospects programme.
Each cohort will benefit from a four module programme which explores the role of leadership in delivering change. Delegates benefit from growing their network of likeminded colleagues from different housing providers in a supportive environment.
The course is open to colleagues working within registered providers and both Members and Guests are able to apply. Candidates must be existing managers – which means they’re either managing people or non-staff resources with full responsibility / accountability.
When joining the cohort you’ll commit to a 4 module, 8-day classroom-based course. We’ll run a kickstart meeting online before the first module so that delegates can get to know each other. It will also include additional coursework-based activity outside of working hours.
- Module 1 Leadership and Change: Exploring the role of leadership in delivering change
- Module 2 Strategic Thinking: Thinking about the future and generating unique insights and opportunities
- Module 3 Working Collaboratively Across Organisations: How to establish a common purpose, a strong insistence n a whole systems approach and shared power to stimulate change
- Module 4 Coaching for High Performance: A coaching style of managing
Along with the completing the leadership programme you’ll receive the following:
- An Institute of Leadership and Management Certificate in Leadership from Solace.
- Support from us at SEC and recognition of your participation – we’ll promote your cohort on our website and social media channels.
- If you are not already a CIH Member, we’ll also fund one year of Membership for you.
- You’ll be part of a new wave of aspiring leaders – and will gain access to our Next Generation Leaders Alumni Network.
We’re running two Cohorts from April 2023 – March 2024. The deadlines for applications for both Cohorts has now passed.
Dates for our 2024-2025 Cohorts will be available soon and we’ll open for applications early 2024.
Applications for our current cohort has now passed. We’ll release new date’s for our April 2024 programmes soon.
As an example of what is needed for your to nominate – candidates will need to submit the following:
- A CV outlining your experience.
- A personal statement (of no more than two sides) that tells us:
• Why you want to join the programme
• What you will bring to the group
• How you think you would benefit from the experience at this point in your career.
- A letter of recommendation from a senior manager within your organisation who will act as your sponsor on the programme.
SEC Members are able to nominate one colleague per year to complete the programme for free. You can view our current members here.
If your organisation would like to nominate an additional colleague then the cost is £750 + VAT.
Are you a non-member? Then you’re still able to nominate a colleague. The cost is £750 + VAT per delegate.