We’re pleased to announce some changes to our Board.
Neil Diddams, Property & Asset Director at West Kent Housing Association was successfully appointed Chair of our Board in July. We also welcomed back Joe Scullion to the Board.
We spoke to Neil to ask what he was looking forward to most as Chair – ‘I am excited and privileged to become the Chair of SEC at this time. There are significant challenges in the sector, from the cost-of-living crisis to the Climate Emergency. SEC can play a vital role in supporting with flexible, cost and time effective procurement encouraging collaboration. It is also time for SEC to renew its strategy – and I am looking forward to working with Board to ensure this is effective and aligns to the vision.’
These appointments coincide with an exciting time for SEC as we look forwards to the future and build on our service offering. Our Board will assist in carving out our 2023-25 strategy – we’re running two workshops with our network in October which will begin shaping our goals. If you’d like to attend please let us know by emailing Ellie – email@example.com.
Our Board now consists of 6 Member representatives:
- Chair: Neil Diddams, Director of Property & Asset, West Kent Housing association
- Susan Cardozo, Housing Asset Investment & Delivery Manager, Thurrock Council
- Elspeth Brown, Head of Contracts & Compliance, Town & Country Housing
- Tina Bull, Head of Housing, Arhag Housing Association
- Joe Scullion, Independent Board Member nominated by GCHA
- Marc Baines, Managing Director, South East Consortium