We’ve re-booked 13 of this year’s most recommended sessions between January – March 2024. Members are able to attend for free if part of your yearly training allocation. You can learn more about the course content and register via our website.
The new sessions include –
- Effective Data Management – 10 January. Understand the principles of how to manage data effectively and why effective data management is so important.
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) – 15 January. Understand the principles and practice of the HHSRS – including the hazards themselves and how the system works.
- Successfully Managing Complaints – 17 January. Develop a structure for handling complaints in order to achieve a positive outcome for all parties.
- Introduction to Development and Regeneration – 25 January. Understand how new homes are developed and existing neighbourhoods are regenerated by Registered Providers.
- Effective Written Communication – 7 February. Learn how to communicate effectively in order to build collaborative relationships.
- Condensation and Mould – 8 February. Understand how water behaves in buildings, as well as common sources and diagnosis.
- Building Safety and Property Compliance – 21 & 22 February. Develop and understanding of property compliance and building safety obligations – ensuring you’re up to day with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Contract Management: Termination and Disputes – 28 February. Understanding the key considerations when terminating contracts and issues to bear in mind when disputes arise.
- Fire Safety & the Regulatory Regime – 29 February. Develop a fuller understanding of the Fire Safety Act and the requirements upon social landlords.
- Construction Design Management – 6 March. An introductory course exploring key aspects of the CDM Regulations, as well as the organisations’ requirements and responsibilities.
- Asbestos Awareness – 7 March. Develop your knowledge of the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials.
- Preparing for the Procurement Bill – 12 March. Understand the key developments under the procurement rules – including the additional flexibilities and the enhanced transparency obligations.
- An Introduction to Public Procurement – 19 & 27 March. Understand the different procurement procedures and the context of public procurement.
If you know of any other colleagues within your organisations with which the courses would be relevant, please pass this email onto them.
If you’ve any questions on the sessions, or on our training programme in general please contact Alex and Jo from our Training team – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you or your colleagues in the new year!