At the end of the session delegates will understand how to effectively manage a case from start to closure whilst ensuring the correct ASB case management skills are used.
We’ve partnered with Jim Nixon of Safer Communities. The course will cover:
- The golden threads of case management: policy and procedure, case file recording and partnership working
- The checks and actions to take when first receiving a report of ASB, which help to effectively risk assess and triage the report
- How to decide whether a report meets the threshold of ASB and how to best manage neighbour disputes
- How to conduct effective complainant interviews
- How to identify vulnerable victims
- The importance of thorough investigations and the potential sources of information
- How to conduct an effective perpetrator interview
- How to decide whether there is enough evidence to take action, applying the civil standard of proof
- How to decide the best course of action in a case and the informal and legal options available
- The importance of supporting the people causing the harm
- How to monitor and close a case of ASB most effectively
HOW DO I JOIN THE TRAINING?
We will be delivering this training session on MS Teams. In advance of the session, you will be sent a unique URL to join within a calendar invite. Please ensure that the attached T&C’s on the invite are thoroughly read.