At the end of this session each delegate will have gained knowledge on various aspects of conflict and how to manage certain situations which could arise within their role.
The session will be facilitated by The Resident Conflict Company. An outline of the session is shown below:
- Defining conflict, aggression, and assertive behaviour.
- Principles for managing conflict, different personalities, and communication styles.
- The stages of conflict escalation – using a 4-part model to de-escalate conflict to support managing unpredictable situations (drugs, alcohol, groups, etc.).
- Understanding personal triggers – ‘Red rag’ words and phrases.
- Managing vocal speed and tone Strategies to maintain composure.
- Defining abusive behaviour.
- Involving others and a 3-step model to handle abusive behaviour.
- How we tend to listen, questioning techniques and structuring challenging conversations.
HOW DO I JOIN THE TRAINING?
We will be delivering this training session on MS Teams. In advance of the session, you will be sent a unique URL to join within a calendar invite. Please ensure that the attached T&C’s on the invite are thoroughly read.
We look forward to seeing you there.