We’ve partnered with Gowi Consulting to deliver this bespoke training course to our network.
To provide a structure for handling complaints, to achieve a positive outcome for all parties and to recognise the skills and techniques which can support an effective course of action and where complaints can actually be considered ‘gifts’ for the organisation.
- We start by understanding what are customer complaints, and asking if there is an opportunity for the customer to have a more positive view of our business after the complaint is resolved.
- There are some fundamental steps to successfully handling customer complaints and we work through these, understanding the traits and behaviours required. This includes our ability to ask effective questions and to listen fully.
- How can we identify a desired outcome and suggest solutions which meet both parties needs?
- The ability to identify the type of customer we are dealing with helps achieve a better outcome more quickly, so we look at beliefs, attitudes and needs of our customers.
- The session will share examples of good complaint handling and what made it successful. How do we deal with difficult or unreasonable people? Or with high levels of emotion?
- Delegates will identify where they can apply incremental improvements to their complaint handling, which will in turn deliver positive outcomes more of the time and build long term relationships with their customers.
- We discuss how to share ‘lessons learned’ internally and externally to build trust.
- We look at the importance of looking after those in the team who deal with complaints, to ensure the challenging conversations do not have a negative impact.