Clerk of Works
This Lot of our Consultancy Services Framework covers the provision of clerk of works services.
What is a clerk of works?
A clerk of works oversees the quality and safety of work on site. Their duties include –
- performing regular inspections of the work on site,
- comparing completed work with drawings and specifications,
- measuring and sampling building materials to check quality,
- recording results,
- identifying defects and suggesting ways to correct them,
- liaising with other construction staff – contractors, engineers and surveyors,
- monitoring and reporting progress to construction managers, architects and clients.
What services are covered in this Lot?
Consultants on this Lot are able to oversee the quality and safety of work on site, making sure that building plans and specifications are being followed correctly.